Find Texas Schools and Independent School Districts

San Antonio Area School Registration and Enrollment

Enroll in school san antonio register for school houston

It’s school registration time! Houston Public schools provide clear directions on how to register or re-enroll your child into school. Prior to filling out their online applications, we’ve provided guidance to help you choose and organize which school and program is the right fit for your child.   We’ve included direct links to school district registration pages as well as a list of questions to help with the research process. 

How do I choose a school?


What to Consider When Enrolling your child in school


1. Is the school located near your home?  

Find your school here


2. Are the teachers at the school certified?  


3. Are there on-site services like counselors and nurses on staff?  


4. Is the curriculum diverse?  


5. Is technology strategically used in schools?  


6. Is there a variety of programs, course choices, and learning pathways? 


7. How does the school assist children with differing learning abilities?  


8. Is there a variety of after-school programs and services? 


9. Are teachers required for ongoing professional development?  


10. Is there full transparency?


What information do I need for registration or apply to school?


  • Student(s) Social Security Number(s)
  • Previous School Information
  • Emergency Contact Information
  • Contact Information for Student’s Physician
  • Information Regarding any Medical Conditions
  • Information Regarding any Food Allergies
  • Immunization Records
  • Birth Certificate 
  • Proof of Address


How do I show residency if I have not yet moved to the area?

If you have a binding contract on a home with a move-in or closing date before the start of the next school year, you will simply need to show the contract to complete registration once you assume residency. 

Who can register/transfer a student’s enrollment?

As a requirement of law, only a biological parent, court-appointed legal guardian, or another person with legal control of the child may enroll a student into a public school district.

What if my child requires special services?

If your child has a disability or you suspect they may need special services, contact the Special Education department in the school your child will attend.  They can evaluate your child to ensure he/she receives the accommodations they need.




Alamo Heights ISD

Boerne ISD

East Central ISD

Edgewood ISD

Floresville ISD

Fort Sam Houston ISD

Harlandale ISD

Judson ISD

La Vernia ISD

Lackland ISD

Medina Valley ISD

North East ISD

Northside ISD

Randolph Field ISD

San Antonio ISD

Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD

South San Antonio ISD

Southside ISD

Southwest ISD

This is a Member Benefit

If you want to take advantage of this benefit or learn more about how a membership can help your organization please click the button below.