About We Go Public
A Big Voice for Public Education – Amplifying the Great Things Happening in Public Schools
We Go Public is a 501c3, non-profit organization. We Go Public promotes the great things happening in traditional public schools, while educating parents and students about the choices and benefits of a PreK-12 public education.
- We speak with one voice through the message “great things happen in public schools”
- We create awareness about the benefits of public education by amplifying student and school successes
- We serve as a digital advocate for public schools through digital and online efforts, social media, partnerships, and grassroots efforts
- We publish content about academic programs and services, public education topics, and parent guides
- We offer Texas ISDs profile pages on our website to link directly to their own district sites
- We provide parents tools and resources to learn what public schools offer
- We educate about the amazing programs and services available to all students
- We enthusiastically share the positive stories happening in our member ISDs
We Go Public is a Texas non-profit dedicated to communicating the benefits of a public education through online advocacy and promotion. In 2022, we received our first grant from the Charles Butt Foundation to redesign the website. The redesign will include basic level profiles of all Texas Independent School Districts, school map finders, and opportunities to build regional efforts. The new site will launch in Spring 2023.
We Go Public evolved from the original campaign in San Antonio, Go Public, under the Bexar County School Boards Coalition. Go Public Gulf Coast is the non-profit in the Houston/Gulf Coast region.
Regional campaigns enable districts in a region to come together, pool resources, and promote their schools and offerings. The regional campaigns will continue and serve as models for new regions. Regions allow for additional promotional efforts at a local level.
“Go Public is a co-op of school districts, coming together in an efficient, cost-effective way.”
-Bobby Blount, Northside ISD Trustee
“Our number one priority is to promote the great things happening in traditional public schools. At the same time, we protect each school district’s brand and value to students and the community.”
-Lisa Losasso Jackson, Executive Director
“Go Public enables districts to extend their reach and message through media and social media.”
-Bob Covey, Cy-Fair ISD Trustee
Explore the Go Public Regions
GO PUBLIC TIMELINE
2013 – Sixteen Independent School Districts (ISDs) in San Antonio formed the campaign, Go Public, under the Bexar County School Boards Coalition.
2017 – ISDs in the Houston/Gulf Coast region came together to form their Go Public effort, Go Public Gulf Coast.
2020 – San Antonio and Houston/Gulf Coast campaigns merged online to form a more comprehensive website, digital, and social media presence. They maintained their regional promotional efforts through district memberships.
2022 – We Go Public forms to expand the message and efforts statewide in Texas.
2023- We Go Public receives 501c3 non-profit status
BECOME A SPONSOR
Our sponsors and donors are community-minded businesses and organizations that believe in the importance of public education. We’re so grateful for their contributions. Contact us to learn how you can support our work and public education.